Is an estate sale the right option for me?
- We are a full liquidation service, not a garage sale. This means we sell the entire contents of the house-- the dishes, appliances, furniture, clothes, tools, exercise equipment, antiques, and collectibles, etc., and if you wish, we can arrange to sell the house also. Of course, you decide what to keep.
- We can be a good option for a business liquidation as well. Our network of buyers along with advertising techniques can help to clear out your inventory.
Why hire an Estate Sale Company instead of doing it yourself?
-Shocking to most, People hosting their own estate sale make much less than those who hire us. We have the right Tools, Pricing Knowledge, Advertising and Marketing so that even after our commission, your bottom line will be much more than if you were to host it yourself. Our goal is to maximize your profits.
How long does it take to stage a home?
- Depending on the size of your home, the time can vary. On average, it can take anywhere from 1-3 weeks to have your sale completed from start to finish. We will need some time to prepare your estate and advertise. Of course, we work with your schedule to make this as easy as possible.
How does it work/ what do I need to do?
- 1. Contact us via phone or email.
- 2. Don't throw anything away. You'll be surprised what will sell.
- 3. You determine what you want to keep for yourself and for your family.
- 4. We will arrange a time to visit with you to determine your needs and wishes.
- 5. We will schedule a time with you for the sale.
- 6. We will come and price the entire contents of your estate, based on current market trends.
- 7. We will advertise, prepare, set up, and stage the contents of your estate prior to the sale.
- 8. We will conduct the sale and collect all proceeds. We will provide security when necessary at all sales. We will have staff on hand to monitor and help buyers.
- 9. At your discretion, any remaining items not sold can be donated to charitable organizations, offered to close-out buyers, or you can keep them. Again, this is your choice.
-10. Upon completion, we leave all rooms broom swept clean.
Can I still have an estate sale if there hasn't been a death?
- Of course you can. In many cases, a family is relocating out of state or out of the country and needs to be able to "travel light". We handle the sale in the same manner.
- In our industry, reputation is king. We gladly offer references upon request.
Are there any out of pocket expenses for our clients?
- Most definitely not! There are no hidden fees, nothing out of pocket is required. All expenses such as Labor, Supplies, Advertising & Marketing are all covered by Loris Estate Sales.
Do you sell Fine Jewelry, Gold/Silver or Coins?
- A definitive yes, We have a large following for many high end pieces, many of our customers come specifically for these items!
What happens to any unsold items left over?
- Our sales typically liquidate 85%-100% of the items in the home. However, upon signing our contract, you will have the options to either keep what was left over untouched, We can box it up for you and you can donate it, or we have end-of-sale Estate Liquidators that will come out and haul off the rest, which they pay for. (Usually pennies on the dollar)